Monday 5 September 2011

Baby Ensemble


This is a baby gift for a colleague of mine who is having her first baby (a boy) very soon.  I picked up this Wilmington Prints quilt kit several months ago at Quilters Cupboard in Lloydminster.  When I opened the kit at 2230 hours last Thursday evening (red eye quilting) the pattern seemed very overwhelming, so, since I had procrastinated on this project for 6 months I decided I had to make the quilt that very evening.  I took the original quilt panel and added 1.5" border of the striped fabric all the way around.  Hmmm, still needed more. The pattern called for several pinwheel blocks, but since I had now added to the panel these dimensions would not work, so I made four of the 5 1/2" pinwheel blocks, measured the length and width and added a 5 1/2" border between the pinwheel blocks.  Picked up some flannel Friday evening, and free motion quilted and put on the binding this weekend!!
The card was made using all Stampin Up product.  I made the background using wax paper resist technique, stamped the baby sleepers (a hostess set from 2010 - I think) on Designer Series Paper, the clothes basket is the bottom of the cupcake punch and I ran it through the Square Lattice Die to make it look like wicker.  The mini clothespins are a new item in the Stampin Up catalogue for this year.  I love these clothespins!!!  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy









No comments:

Post a Comment