Friday 23 September 2011

Block a Day

I recently saw a blog entry where the objective was to make one 9 patch block a day with 2 1/2" squares for 70 days, and you would almost have your quilt done.  I thought BRILLIANT!.. Then I thought that is a lot of cutting for a scrappy looking quilt, how can I make this easier?  I have in my stash (fabric - not cookie) a layer cake bundle of fabric entitled Happy.  This fabric is from Moda fabrics (link to their blog on the right hand side of this screen).  I searched all over the Edmonton area last spring to find this fabric because it made me HAPPY.  I did find it eventually at Quiltessentials in St. Albert.  To go along with the objective of the block a day I decided to make pinwheel blocks of the day using this layer cake fabric.  These are the first two blocks, and the great thing about the layer cake fabric blocks is that I can get 2 pinwheel blocks from each 2 colors thereby actually making 2 blocks at a time.  The fabric still makes me feel HAPPY.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment