Friday 16 September 2011

The Most Delicious Cookies


I have been singing the Package Man song by Bill Shontz all evening.  My Stampin Up cookie stamp arrived this afternoon, and so my son and I just had to make cookies this evening.  The reason that this song comes to mind is the story goes that Georgie made the most delicious cookies and was told to see the Package Man about selling these cookies.  The chorus is that a cookie is just a cookie and it's the package that will sell.  I thought this was appropriate for this situation as Stampin Up is usually about the packaging and here we are making cookies.  They are very tasty if you are wondering and you will note the cookie snitching that was occurring as I tried to take this picture!!  My son is taking them to school tomorrow to share with his class.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...


Kathy

Due to the popularity of this post when it hit Stampin Connections, and to inspire your own creativity, here is the recipe for the Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies:

Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies

cream together:
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter (not margarine)
1/2 block of cream cheese  (125g)
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla

add in :
2 cups flour

I used a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter to cut the dough into circles and stamped them after transferring to cookie sheet ( I did not have to use flour on the stamp face).

Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit  for 12 minutes. 

Store in large cookie jar 2 miles from home as you will likely be eating lots of these and the exercise will help rationalize that they are actually a healthy lifestyle choice : ) and for my Registered Dietitian friends: please eat a fruit or vegetable while walking to the cookie jar (help with getting the 5 - 10 a day)!

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Can't wait to try. :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.
    http://createNstamp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! can't wait to make up a batch for myself!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you thank you! I popped over here from Stampin' Connection today to see if the recipe was up and have just one question: How did you have any cookie dough left to bake? I'm not sure I will, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful. hari raya puasa snacks

    ReplyDelete