Monday 24 October 2011

Cracked Glass Santa

I made this card as I recently saw a video on how to do this Cracked Glass technique and I had lots of the Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel sitting around from a previous project.  I used the Jolliest Time of the Year stamp set, and colored with the Stampin' Write Markers.  Inked over the whole piece with Versa Mark Pad and covered with the Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel.  Heated with the heat gun until the enamel melted, waited for it to dry and repeated the procedure 2 more times, after the last time, I put the card stock in the freezer while I emptied out the clothes dryer and folded some clothes.  When I took it out I simply bent the card stock and the enamel CRACKED!  It was amazing.  I used sticky strip to attach to the card stock as Santa was kind of heavy with the enamel (or maybe it's all his cookies).  Used the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp at the bottom as not a lot of room left for a greeting.  That's it!!!  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment