Wednesday 19 October 2011

Halloween Pillowcase

Last year I became involved with the One Million Pillowcase Challenge.  Locally, these pillowcases have been donated to the Stollery Children's Hospital, and other charities as well.  I have donated mine of course to Stollery as I worked there for several years and still have "soft" spot for the facility and what they do there.  Of course, my son has also been a benefactor of this challenge as I now sew him pillowcases to match quilts, coordinate with holidays and celebrations etc.  I bought this fabric a while ago - was the in the stash (fabric - not cookie), and decided today was time to make it up.  I love the kittens on this fabric and the costumes and expressions on their faces.  They are so cute, I almost want to snuggle one (sneeze, wheeze, scratch.....).  Check out the link for the Million Pillowcases as they have wonderful patterns for making pillowcases and trust me, you will never sleep on another commercially prepared pillowcase again.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment