Saturday 8 October 2011

The Maple Leaf Forever

I have entitled this card The Maple Leaf Forever, because I love the maple leaf!  I love the song, and so while putting the leaves on these cards I of course made sure a maple leaf appeared on each one, and as I adhered them I sang the song, and had a history lesson with my son!
I do not often purchase die cuts as I love my Cricut, however in this case I did buy the Stampin Up Leaves #2 die just because of the maple leaf it contained.  All the points looked right and made me so patriotic to have it.  This card is made with Early Espresso card stock, the border is designer series paper pumpkin pie from the Brights collection, and the leaves are made using real read, old olive, daffodil delight and pumpkin pie all sponged with a bit of chocolate chip ink to "dry" them up like real leaves.  Some were embossed with the perfect polka dots folder, some with the square lattice folder, and some left plain.  The buttons are a left over from the spring mini catalogue.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment