Friday 21 October 2011

Mystery Christmas Quilt

If you have read this blog or perused with any attention at all you will know I LOVE fabric and quilting.  You can then only image my glee when I got home the other night and a package of fabric was in my mailbox!!!!  My favorite quilt shop is The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.  Now, it's not just because they're from Saskatchewan that I love them, but because they always have the most amazing kits, and fabrics, and quilts that you simply must take home with you (like puppies at the shelter).  For the last couple of years I have participated in their Mystery Quilt for Christmas program.  In mid October you receive the package of fabric and the first set of instructions, then every week in the mail you get more instructions until all 6 clues have been completed.  At that time, the quilt will be a moderate size, and then you have the option of purchasing a completion package to make into a lap or bed quilt.  It is so much fun because looking at this fabric right now, I have no idea what it will look like in a few weeks.  I will post last years completed quilt on here soon.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment