Monday 7 November 2011

Christmas Treat Holder

I LOVE candy.  I know that there is irony somewhere in there, but it's true I really do love candy.  It is not often that I find a candy I do not like.  Of course there are those awful Carmel things in the orange packages that are given out at Halloween, and those designer flavour jelly beans that taste like dirt, wet sock and yesterday's fish, but most candy really is good.  I decided that I need to make a jelly bean holder because I really had nothing better to do this morning.  I started with a Window Sheet and cut it 2.5 " wide and 8 1/4" long, I scored it with my new Simply Scored Tool at 2/4/6/8/ 8 1/4" (the last score is for the sticky strip to hold it together).  The box base and top are a 3" square scored at 1/2" evenly around and secured with more sticky strip.  The base is anchored to the Window Sheet with more sticky strip to hold in place the lid is just put on top for now.  I used the sticker pack from the Christmas Lane Simply Scrappin' Kit to decorate the box.  Then I filled it with the jelly beans I had left over (amazing).  Hope this inspires your own creativity...


Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment