Thursday 3 November 2011

Halloween Cupcakes

My son's class has been allowed to have a Halloween party during school hours this year due to good behavior in the classroom.  Of course my son wanted me to make cupcakes for the party.  I looked all over Edmonton but was unable to find string black licorice as he wanted spiders on his cupcakes.  I made the chocolate cupcakes, the icing, painted a black stripe in the icing bag so that the icing would have a black/grey edge to it as I piped it out, and then put Halloween sprinkles on top thinking that would be great!  However, he took one look at them and the big blue eyes looked at me and said "Where are the spiders"?  Hmmmm, how can I disappoint that face.  So, out came the icing bag and this time black icing was made and I drew spiders on top.  Now, my drawing is terrible so these are the worst spiders ever, but it is Halloween, so I think that they just might do.  Kid response to these:  COOL.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment