Sunday 27 November 2011

Pumpkin Chip Muffins

I LOVE to bake (crafting with food)!!!  My son's lunch always has home baked goods, as I do not like all the processing and stuff added to store bought ones.  My husband and son recently cut up a pumpkin and the insides of the pumpkin were scooped out and cut up.  Today I steamed and mashed the pumpkin and made muffins.  Forty eight in total!!  Should be good for a few days of lunches.  This is the recipe that I used to make the muffins, it is a recipe that I have changed and adapted over time in an attempt to make it more healthy:


Pumpkin Chip Muffins

  • 4 eggs



  • 1 3/4 cups sugar



  • 2 cups cooked pumpkin



  • 1/2 cup canola oil



  • 1/3 cup ground flax seed



  • 2 cups all-purpose flour



  • 1 cup whole wheat flour



  • 2 teaspoons baking soda



  • 1 teaspoon baking powder



  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon



  • 2 cups chocolate chips





  • Cream together eggs and sugar.  Add pumpkin, canola oil and flax seed.  Mix in flours, soda, powder and cinnamon.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes.    Makes 24 muffins.  Enjoy.

    Hope this inspires your own creativity...

    Kathy

    No comments:

    Post a Comment