Friday 11 November 2011

Remembrance Day

Today's post is going to be a little bit different than the others due to the nature of the day.  You will notice that my post today occurs at 1100 hours not the usual 15:45 hours that I usually post at (this post makes me think of shift change - so the perfect time of day for a new post).  I have mentioned previously how much I love things with red maple leaves on them because it makes me feel very proud and patriotic of my country.  I have had this idea for a card floating around in my head for a while, but Canada Day is a really long time off....  So, I decided I would make it and post it for Remembrance Day.  Now for any of you up on your history you will know that the Canadian Forces used the Royal Union Flag and or the Canadian Red Ensign until 1965.  This is the only flag that I of course know, so it is my tribute for the day.  The poppy of course is self evident in it's meaning, and now I shall go read John McCrae's "In Flanders Fields".  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment