Friday 27 April 2012

Baby Quilt

Our Team Assistant left last week to start Maternity Leave.  I of course had to make a quilt because every baby needs one, right?  I should have had it done, but after seeing my physician and having to do some Range of Motion exercises with my shoulders (which I knew I could not do) I spent most of last week sleeping with my new friend Aleve!  Now just to wait for the MRI and ?surgery........
This is a quilt kit I picked up a while back at Quilt Essential Co, and the kit is based upon the Little Bits pattern.
I am not particularly pleased with how this quilt turned out as the quilt kits were assembled with less yardage than what is indicated on the pattern instructions as it was decided that you do not need the amount of fabric called for.  When I started to cut the pieces I realized that because of the obvious direction of the car print, I would need the entire amount listed,  I took it back to the store and showed one of the employees my concern, she understood, however the shop owner whom I have never found to be helpful or friendly, patronizingly told me how I was cutting the fabric wrong, and had the employee cut me more of the blue fabric (of which the direction was not important)! So, as you can see the cars are going sideways in two of the three pieces.  Hmmmmmm.  I won't be shopping there any time soon.
Hopefully, the baby won't mind, and Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment