Tuesday 17 April 2012

Banana Coconut Muffins

While playing on Pinterest the other day I can across this recipe for Banana Coconut Muffins ( I was looking for another Banana Muffin recipe as my husband buys lots of bananas when at the Safeway - never eats them, and I will only eat bananas when the are green - so our freezer is always full of frozen boomerangs - OUCH).
I did modify the recipe as I never use butter in muffins (I think that's a waste for my moderate trans-fat intake - only acceptable for shortbread cookies), so I used 1/2 cup canola oil instead (only will use product of Saskatchewan canola oil ; ), and only 3/4 cup coconut, but I had found colored coconut at the Bulk Barn last week, so I used colored coconut instead.  My son's response to these was "Yum".  Good enough.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment