Wednesday 18 April 2012

Give a Dog a Home

My friend recently decided to become a foster mom to a Second Chance Animal Rescue Society (SCARS)  dog and this weekend got her new beautiful dog.
To celebrate the arrival of her new family member I first made a card.
The base is Sahara Sand, on which I used the P is for Paw roller wheel inked in Early Espresso.  I used my Spellbinders dies to cut out the Early Espresso and Whisper White Card Stock.  The dog is cut at 4 1/2" on the Cricut from the Just Because Cards Cartridge.  The "bark" and the "bowl" stamp are from a stamp set my son decided we needed to purchase from Michael's.  I used my Copic Marker to color the bowl, and my son put in the D-O-G on the red bowl (and I laughed) because in the Henry Huggins book, Henry does not want his new found dog eating just out of any old cracked bowl and buys for Ribsy a new shiny red bowl with D-O-G on it!  The leash was an add on also by my son from a small piece of 1/8" Real Red Taffeta ribbon.
The clear plastic bag is stamped with a dog paw from the same dog stamp set, however, I used Black StazOn ink.  Inside the bag are dog biscuits that I make for my son's dog (post for this tomorrow).
I am so excited for my friend's family and their new dog as it makes me so happy when people choose to share their lives with a dog, and especially a rescue dog...
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment