Saturday 7 April 2012

Paska

My son recently had the opportunity to go on a field trip to the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village.  While there the children got to make Paska.  
Yesterday my son and I made Paska for Easter.  
I got out my Ukrainian Daughters Cookbook that my friend Lora (also from Saskatchewan) gave me as she had two copies and found a recipe for Paska.
This is what the dough looked liked when ready to rise:
After about an hour the dough had doubled in size and it was time to shape the bread.  
My son did all the decorations on the top as he wanted to show me all the skills he had learned from the ladies at the village.  The left over dough was shaped into Easter Egg shaped buns and baked along side the Paska.
And now, almost ready for Easter.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment