Tuesday 1 May 2012

Welcome Spring!

My son found this style of cupcakes on the Michaels website the other day and decided his class NEEDED these to welcome in spring.  It is Alberta so we are still likely to have a giant snow storm for the Victoria Day weekend, but we will pretend spring is here for now.
I used a white cake mix and added in the purple gel to the batter, the picture really does not show just how purple they really are.
The icing is a BIG disappointment.  My colleague told me her friend buys Buttercream Icing at the Bulk Barn, and it is much quicker and easier than making Buttercream Icing.  Sounds great!  So, I got some last week at Bulk Barn for this project, however, it is that icing that tastes like fat, and does not have any sweet taste to it (sad face).  So lesson learned, make your own Buttercream.  I did get these vibrant colored jelly beans though, and decided to put them on to for extra "bling".  
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment