Tuesday 17 July 2012

Field Journal

My son is a scientist by nature.  When I clean out his backpack, I am usually liable to find a field journal.  I love reading these entries in these little books or scraps of paper, as they provide insight into how his brain works, and what is of importance in his daily quests.  The entries will be things like found a birds nest, no eggs, or three rocks under tree, one was brown.
Yesterday was his first day of science camp for the summer, so as a surprise I made and put this in the front pocket of his backpack!  He was thrilled when I came to pick him up last night!
To make this little treasure for an eight year old, I used a small composition book from the dollar store (3 for $1).
I used double sided sticky sheet to adhere some retired Celebrations Designer Series Paper.  I thought that the blue paper looked like it had atoms on it, and the numbers of course are for all things scientific!!
 The owl of course is the owl punch from Stampin Up.  The velcro is left overs in my notions box for which I used double sided sticky sheet again to fit the piece to the front, as well as around the pencil.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment