Sunday 29 July 2012

Knitting in the F-350 take 2

On the trip home today I managed to finish my son's mini aphgan.
He has for the longest time been sleeping at night tucked in with an aphgan that I knit back when I was about 8 years old.  Since it is not knit that well, and keeps falling apart and I have to repair almost daily I decided to make him his own.
When we were in Canmore a few weeks back we went into Knit and Caboodle and he got to pick out the yarn in the colors he wanted.  It is knit with Estelle Yarns Baby Bunting.  I added 10 stitches to the width as I was told that the original pattern was quite narrow and there was lots of yarn left over.  I have only about 25 g of each color left over!!!
I finished this just after Saskatoon, and then proceeded to knit on my sock which I hope by the return from Jasper this weekend should be done.  Knit on!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment