Wednesday 15 August 2012

More From the Farmer's Market

Last night I used the beets, peas, beans, carrots, and dill that my son and I had gotten on the weekend at the St. Albert Farmer's Market to make borscht.
Thanks to my 27 qt. Stock Pot (also referred to by my Nova Scotian husband as the Lobster pot) from Paderno
 (oh, maybe it is a lobster pot...) this was no big deal.
I also managed to find at the Paderno store in south Edmonton today a canning rack for the inside of this pot!!! So, after taking the jars straight out of the hot dishwasher and filling with borscht, the Stock Pot became my canner.  Worked AWESOME!!!!
In the end I made 10 quart jars of borscht, one of which will have to be given to my colleague Tiera who thinks that borscht comes in a plastic tub from the deli section at Costco  : (  !
Here are the first few quarts out of the canner!
 A tablespoon of whipping cream and a Green Onion Cake (also from the farmer's market), and dinner is served!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment