Thursday 23 August 2012

Zoochini Muffins

Today my son and I are off to the Calgary Zoo to see the penguins one last time before school starts.  
Of course for the three hour drive we need healthy snacks and since I still had zucchini left over from our trip to the St. Albert Farmer's Market I decided to make zucchini muffins.  Now, since we are going to the zoo I decided to use some of the zoo themed muffin cups in my cupboard and hence we have Zoochini Muffins.
Here is the recipe:

Zoocchini Muffins
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 tbsps ground flax seed
1/4 cocoa (I use Bernard Callebaut- if you use cheapy brand you will notice a difference in texture and taste)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup chocolate chips
Mix dry ingredients first, then add wet ingredients.  Fold in chocolate chips last.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 minutes.
Enjoy!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment