Friday 23 November 2012

On Friday We Eat Fish

and on Sunday, and Tuesday, and anytime we need a quick dinner.  
Growing up on the prairies I hated fish.  It always tasted like swamp!  Now that my husband has tried it, he agrees.
The first time I traveled to Nova Scotia with my husband to visit his family, my mother in law cooked salmon for me, and since I had already not eaten her roast beef, for which she then cooked a ham (even a worse choice), I had not much choice but to eat "the fish". It was awesome!!  Ever since then I am able to eat fresh fish (not canned) three times a week.
I buy the large piece of Atlantic Salmon at Costco twice a month.  Once home I cut it into thirds, and freeze between sheets of parchment paper.
On nights such as Friday's when we need a quick dinner I take a piece out of the freezer.  Place in a Corningware baking dish.  Top the fish with something - tonight I used a bit of mayonnaise and mustard and added some dill weed.  Baked on high for 10 minutes in the microwave and TAH DAH!
Dinner is served along with rice, vegetables, and a side salad.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment