Wednesday 7 November 2012

Snowmageddon

I am a little late in my blog posting this evening because unbeknownst to the weather man Snowmageddon was about to descend on Edmonton today.
Here is what the front yard looks like now:
Keep in mind there was no snow in the front yard at 0400 hours today (it had all melted), the snow started some time after that and snowed all day.  Now, of course this is Alberta and we should be used to this right?  So, to keep it in perspective, while all this snow was falling in Edmonton, 150 kilometers (90miles) south this is what it looked like:
My brother sent me this picture because I was texting him to let him know of the road closures etc.  
So, after playing in the snow, my son and I made this:
It's a Snowmageddon Card!
I used all kinds of craft products that I had in my craft room.  I love when I can use them all together!
The card base is Baja Breeze and then layered with Snow Festival Designer Series Paper, the markers are from the new In Colors.  All of these products are from Stampin Up.
The snow man stamp is from  Close To My Heart.  I purchased it last year.
I used Stickles for the snow flakes and my Pearl Pen for the thick snow that is out there.
Now to drink my hot chocolate that is cooling and maybe eat popcorn.  I think tomorrow is a snow day!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment