Sunday 30 December 2012

Candy Quilt

No, this is not the candy quilt, but isn't it pretty?  This was one of the many pictures I took on Highway 93 yesterday through Kootenay National Park.  After seeing some of the sites I did, I think I better understand why people from all over the world come to see what I have in my back yard : ).
Alright, now back to the point of this blog; my crafts.
I took my sewing machine with us on this vacation, because sometimes the eyes need a break from knitting, right?
One of the projects I brought along was this kit that I purchased through Sew Sisters Quilt Shop during their days of Christmas sale in early December.  The backing was included, but I decided that a candy quilt needed to have a flannel backing that was cozy and I was sure that The Sugar Pine quilt shop in Canmore would have something that was perfect, and it did!
This is the quilt top on the resort bed, so it looks rather small.  I will put a photo of the complete with flannel on soon.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment