Thursday 6 December 2012

Christmas Rag Quilt

If you follow my blog ramblings at all you will know that I love rag quilts.  It is not just because they are really easy to make, and that they are made from flannel.  I love them because they are so cozy, seem so home like and provide comfort just like a bowl of grandma's chicken soup.  I don't think you can feel bad, if you are snuggled in a rag quilt!  I found this pack of fabrics a couple of years ago at Sew Divine and of course could not leave it behind.  Once I got it home, I figured I better put it to use, otherwise it would just become more fabric in the stash (fabric - not cookie).  So, the easiest thing to do is make a rag quilt and that is what I did and this is the end result.  Thought about giving it to my grandma for Christmas, but because it was flannel and cozy my son absorbed it into the quilt pile on his bed, alas, it never made it to grandma.  Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment