Sunday 23 December 2012

Cookies for Santa

For the second Christmas in row we are spending Christmas in the Rocky Mountains.  I really do recommend that everyone should try this once, it really does make Christmas magical!
My son of course was worried how we would leave Santa cookies if we were not at home to bake and apparently the bought ones left out last year, simply were not good enough for Santa (so he thought).
So, this year I came prepared:  I measured out all the ingredients into plastic bags before we left home, and simply had to add non hydrogenated margarine, vanilla and eggs today to bake the cookies. I know I am simply GENIUS!
The end result:
Hope Santa likes them!
The recipe for these is:

White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies
3/4 cup non hydrogenated margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsps vanilla
2 tsps cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup white chocolate chips (I use Bernard Callebaut)
1 cup dried cranberries
Mix ingredients together.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes.  Let cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.  Enjoy!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment