Tuesday 26 February 2013

Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies

So, if you've perused my blog you will know that I LOVE the St. Albert Public Library!  No, I don't live there, but I did manage to find a way to get a library card for this FABULOUS institution.  I love the children's section because it has so many awesome children's books in not only English, but also French.  Now, again you know I do not speak or understand French, but for my son in school he receives instruction in French daily, and so one of the things the library is good for is the extensive collection of beginner books that we can read together.
Okay, now to my point.  While I was in recently, I came across The Complete Magnolia Bakery cookbook.
This book is full of beautiful recipes!  Last evening my son and I made the Coconut Oatmeal Drop Cookies from this book.  I used non hydrogenated margarine instead of butter, and I added 1 cup of butterscotch chips.
They taste FANTASTIC (might have to wear elastic pants tomorrow...)!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment