Monday 8 April 2013

Oh S"crap"! It's Monday...

If you have the fortune (or mis) of knowing me you will know that I really do not like to see anything go to waste.  No, this is not some new "recycle" fad that I have come up with, it is simply the way I grew up and a value that I hold to this day.
Hence, today's project.  I refuse to eat bananas once they have even a wee spot of brown on them (I have a colleague who I tease all the time because she eats bananas when they are completely brown!)  OMG.  
I take the "rotten" bananas as I refer to them and put them in my freezer to be used later in what is referred to at my house as "rotten banana bread".
Today we have a cake!
A few days a go in my mail arrived the Spring 2013 copy of the Kraft What's Cooking publication and in it a recipe for Chocolate-Banana Coffee Cake.
It is delicious, I did change the flour to whole wheat and although dense, was still very moist!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment