Tuesday 2 April 2013

Scor Scones

Late last night (red eye crafts), I realized that I did not have anything for morning snack for my or my son's lunch today.
A running joke in my family is the time my grandmother (also a nurse) decided to make scones at midnight, so that is what I decided to do last night.  
Since I was too lazy to go down to the extra pantry and replenish my stock of chocolate chips I added in Scor bits (grandma would be proud of not only my late night baking, but also my creativity in this situation :).
They are delicious!  The great thing about this recipe is that you can add any type of additive you want!  Get creative!
Here is the recipe for these scones:

Basic Scone:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup non hydrogenated margarine
-use pastry blender to mix together
- add in:
1/2 cup sugar
4 tsps baking powder
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup (chocolate chips, dried fruit, butterscotch chips...........)
 
-Mix together, then roll out and cut into shapes.  Bake in 400F oven for about 12 minutes.  Enjoy!
 
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
 
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment