Monday 22 April 2013

What's For Dinner?

Dill Pickle soup with garlic cheese bread!
Okay, you read that correctly, it is Dill Pickle soup.  My friend recently had this soup at a bistro downtown and commented on how delicious it was.  Since then I have been looking for a recipe for this.
After several searches, and a cook book from the St. Albert Public Library, I made my version of Dill Pickle soup, and it was delicious!
Here's how I made it:

Dill Pickle Soup:
8 cups water
2 cups chopped pickles (I used Claussen brand)
1 cup chopped carrots
1 chicken bouillon cube
- boil with lid on for about 45 minutes, then add
3 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup left over vegetables (I used beans)
-cook until potatoes blend in with the other ingredients
- serve with small amount chopped fresh dill

Enjoy!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment