Thursday 23 May 2013

Cleaning the Craft Room

Okay, so I am actually supposed to be doing something "academic" at the present time, but I don't feel like it!  No, no, no, it's that I can't because my craft room is rather disorganized right now.  That's better.  To be in "top" academic mode, I must have a clean craft room (I suppose I could use the dining room table), but let's stick to the premise that a clean craft room will get the academic juices flowing and my thoughts and diction will flow.....
So, to clean the craft room I started with the big assorted pieces of left over quilt batting in the corner of the closet.  
When I finish a quilt I take all of the left over pieces and if they are 5" or bigger I cut them into 5" squares to be used for rag quilts.  If they are smaller, I sew them together to make 5" squares, and if they are just bits of fluff, then into the bag for dog beds.
So far I have cut 163 of these squares.   Well, that is just making another mess, so because I am easily distracted here is what I did:
Eighteen 6" squares cut from flannel that I picked up in Canmore one day after my son finished skiing. Ready to be put into a rag quilt.  Hmmmm, I think I have a pile of flannel here somewhere......
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment