Tuesday 14 May 2013

Strawberry Garden

My son's school comes up with what I think are some really neat fundraisers.  We never have to sell chocolates or magazines (things that people buy from us and we feel sorry for).
At Christmas they sell Poinsettia plants and this spring in an effort to raise funds for the new hardwood gymnasium floor the school sold plants.  One of the items was strawberries.
Since I live in the city, I do not have a garden, so I had to find some way to plant these.  After much looking about the city  I was able to find at Kuhlmann's greenhouse, ceramic, not painted, not made in a questionable country: strawberry planters. 
This evening after piano and dinner, this is what we did!
Happy Growing little strawberries.  Yes, they are also planted in "organic" (I know all dirt is organic - but pesticide and herbicide free) soil!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment