Friday 10 May 2013

What's For Dinner????

Well, it's Friday so that of course means fish.  I was asked the other day what the significance of fish on Friday is, and honestly, I really don't know.......you just do it, and it's a great way to get in that fish the Dietitians want you to three times a week.  I think I might have to investigate what the fish on Friday deal is.....
Anyways, I was out of rice tonight, so I needed something fairly quick to go with the fish and after starring into the refrigerator for a while, I realized I have left over mashed potatoes!
My mother in law makes this wonderful potato casserole with left over mashed potatoes and so that is what I made: Potato Puff!


Potato Puff:
3 cups mashed potatoes
1 cup warm milk
2 egg yolks
1 cup grated cheese (what ever kind you have, some of the spicy cheese make this extra "Top Drawer")
- mix all of these together
2 egg whites - beat until stiff
-fold the egg whites into the above mixture 
Bake in 350F uncovered in oven for about 30 minutes (til baked through and liquid is all absorbed).

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment