Thursday 4 July 2013

Bound for High River via Ponoka...

Many of you are likely aware of the Southern Alberta Floods that took place recently.
Of course I have donated through financially through the appropriate financial institutions and even bought a few of the Wild Rose Doughnuts (and somehow I have eaten the most of them).  
Most recently, and a little closer to my heart, I found out that one of my favorite quilt shops Prairie Points Quilt Shop in Ponoka is assisting with the Ponoka Pin Pals Quilting Bee.  This Quilting Bee is to make quilts for the children of Southern Alberta affected by the flood.
I of course will be donating some fabric today when I am in the shop, but first I sent my son "shopping" in my craft room last night for 10 - 12 fat quarters to turn into a quilt top that these ladies can finish.
Here is what he came back with:
I used my favorite quick, easy, stash busting quilt pattern (it's called Hopscotch and is available from The Quilt Patch).  The pattern and cutting dimensions are simply brilliant, there is very little wasted fabric, and when you see how simple and easy it is you will wonder why you did not think of it!!
I hope this brings some little child, some comfort during this time.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment