Tuesday 23 July 2013

What's For Dinner???

Week nights are always hectic around our house.  By the time my son and I get home from work, school, and various extracurricular activities, it is dinner time.
Sometimes, I am organized and have a casserole left over from the weekend, or the slow cooker going, but sometimes, it is a fly by the seat of our pants ordeal.
I stumbled across this idea recently, however, since I did not have most of the ingredients (gourmet), this is my version of it:
Plus, I get to use my FANTASTIC, Made in Canada 28 cm Paderno Nature Trust Fry Pan.  I LOVE this fry pan!!
Okay, so what's in there:
1/2 tbsp olive oil
- fry til sausage is brown, I added in some onions, mushrooms, and red pepper as well (what was in the crisper)
then add:
1 - 8 oz can tomato sauce, or diced tomatos (what ever you have)
2 cups water
1 cup dry pasta (I had macaroni)
- heat to boiling, and allow liquid to cook out,
- add to mixture 1/2 cup cheese and stir through, and then since I LOVE cheese, I add another 1/2 cup or so on top just before serving.
While this is cooking I make a green salad to go with it, and all food groups are accounted for in about 15 minutes!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment