Sunday 8 September 2013

What's For Dinner???

If you remember my son and I went to the market garden last week and stocked up on a whole bunch of vegetables, one of which was swisschard!
Now, have you ever tried to get a child to eat this stuff (really, I can barely tolerate it, it has a gross look and texture to it, but I know it is REALLY healthy, so I eat it)?
So....it has become like a zucchini product in our house.  What can't I hide it in?
Hence, dinner last night:

 Lasagna Rolls with swisschard inside them!
These were really easy to make:
12 lasagna noodles (I put them in the casserole dish with boiling water and they were soft by the time I was ready to roll them
1 large (4 cup I guess) package of creamed cottage cheese
1 egg
1 large bunch of swisschard chopped small
4 fresh mushrooms chopped
2 green onions chopped
1 branch of fresh dill chopped
salt and pepper to taste
-I mixed all of these together, then spread across the lasagna noodle and rolled up.
- Once all 12 noodles were in the casserole dish, I covered the rolls in pasta sauce, and grated cheese found in the refrigerator.

These turned out very tasty and I will experiment more with these creations!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment