Friday 13 December 2013

Christmas Party Sitter

Tonight is the Annual Christmas Party for my work.  This year my husband was actually home so I decided I would go.
However, to find a sitter for our son.  I am a rather high maintenance parent when it comes to baby sitters.  My background of course is Pediatric Intensive Care and Emergency and as such I think I have seen or heard of every possible thing that can go wrong with children and the incompetent people who were caring for these children.  I have only hired a baby sitter a couple of times in almost 10 years and these sitters have either been teachers or Registered Nurses.  
Recently a colleague of mine informed me that her daughter had recently taken (and passed) her babysitter course.  The mother seems really responsible, so I decided to take a chance on the daughter to babysit, I should also add that my son is now almost 10, and knows how to activate the emergency panels through the house, so I thought it should be alright.
Well, I have to say I am quite happy with this girl.  She brought board games to play, made popcorn while they watched a Christmas movie, and brought with her a kit to make:
  My son was thrilled!!!  He had so much fun.
So, now I am a believer in finding a babysitter that is not a full fledged licensed professional, just interview well, and hopefully you have a good network of people around you.  
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment