Wednesday 25 December 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas today.
The weather here in Edmonton was simply perfect the past couple of days.  Last evening we walked to church which was a first in several years.  Afterwards, because it was so beautiful we walked around Highlands and saw some beautiful light displays:
 Just behind Concordia College,
 A view of downtown,
 the sidewalk looked pretty and the special effects of the snow falling make it look even more magical,
the candles outside of Highlands United Church.
It was a wonderful way to start Christmas.
This morning of course my son wanted Peach French Toast:
I simplified the recipe/process a little this year.  I took:
1 loaf day old french bread and cut into slices (the rest went into the turkey stuffing)
Spread cream cheese on both sides
Sprinkled cinnamon over all the bread
Topped with sliced peaches and walnuts
Poured an entire 500ml carton of Liquid Egg Whites (yes I found them at Costco) over the bread and baked in a 350F oven for 45 minutes.  Delicious!!!
Then we opened presents.  The highlight of my day was this:
For some reason I thought it was the coolest hand bag ever when I saw it this summer in a craft shop in Prince Edward Island, but I did not want to spend more money and pack another thing home, so I left it.  My husband found out where to get these silly little dogs, and now today I have my own.  I think I will have to take him for a walk at the mall tomorrow!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Christmas! We're having the same lovely weather in High River (visiting at our son's home). What a cute hand-bag - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete