Monday 6 January 2014

Oh S"crap"! It's Monday...

Hello Internet Friends. 
Today was that dreaded return to work day.  However, I actually was looking forward to returning to work.  I kind of missed my colleagues and the patient's that I see and did wonder how they were doing over Christmas so it was nice to get back and catch up with everyone today : )
Now, of course the age old question starts!  What's for dinner?
Well there was some left over turkey that I had tossed in a freezer bag in the freezer the other day and two assorted bags of broccoli in the refrigerator, so I made my usual last of the turkey casserole:
- fill bottom of casserole with left over chopped turkey
- top with vegetables, I used broccoli, carrots, onions, and celery
- add 1 1/2 cups rice
- mix together one can of cream soup (mushroom, chicken, I've even used cheddar) with 1 soup can of milk, 1 chicken bouillon cube, 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup mayonaisse
- add salt, pepper, garlic powder, some bbq powder as well and what ever else you have that you want to
- Bake for one hour at 350F covered, then bake for 15 minutes more with cover removed.
We had this along with a green salad.
While this was baking lunch bags were unpacked, homework was completed along with piano practice and now off to play some Wii before bed!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment