Wednesday 22 January 2014

Work In Progress Wednesday

Good Evening Internet Friends!
I decided to participate again this week in The Needle and Thread Networks Work In Progress Wednesday.
Way back several weeks ago (more like months), I decided to participate in the Downton Abbey Mystery Quilt Along because, well, who does not like that show??
It has turned out to be a little bigger task than I had thought it would be and what with all the other on the go projects I currently have on the go, this is as far as I have made it:
TAH DAH!!!  Block four.  Well, so what?  Okay, secret here, this block is more than 24" wide, and no I did not make a mistake. I have also rotary cut all of the pieces for these blocks of which learning to use the die equivalent system for rotary cutting has really challenged my quilting skills.  
The good news is after doing this quilt I am no longer upset that the die cut system I ordered at the start of this project from the "Amazing" online company was lost by the "UPStanding" courier service.  I now know how to use the system with my rotary cutter and can use the saved money for something useful like more fabric!!!
The further I get into these blocks the more I like them, and I really want to get the quilt done to see it in it's glory, but alas, I have to work, and do laundry and mundane things like that....
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. I love your block. I looked at the Downton Abbey blocks, noted the number of pieces in the blocks and decided to give it a pass. Congratulations on getting this one finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those colours definitely look Downton Abbey-ish to me, can't wait to see more of your blocks!

    ReplyDelete