Monday 3 February 2014

Amazing Bread!!!

Yesterday was Sunday (brilliant comment I know), and that meant time for me to make bread for lunches this week.  Originally I planned on making rye bread because I thought I still had some ground rye flour in the freezer, but alas apparently I used it!!
So what should have been rye bread turned into a mixed multi-grain bread, and it is SUPER delicious.  
Here's how it turned out:
I of course used my new (ish) mixer and it worked fantastic.
Here's the recipe:
1 3/4 cuts hot water
2 tbsps canola oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
- turn mixer with dough hook on to medium speed, and when sides of bowl are no longer hot add:
1 cup whole grain flour
1 tbsp yeast
-let mix for a minute of two and then begin adding flour.
You will need somewhere between 5 -6 cups flour before dough no longer sticks to sides and is only on the dough hook.
Continue to mix with dough hook for another 8 minutes.
Let rest until doubled in size, punch down and then form 2 loaves from the dough.
Let rise again, and then bake at 350F for about 20 - 25 minutes.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment