Monday 10 February 2014

Carrying On...

Good evening Internet Friends!!! 
Last evening I decided to cut out the pieces for Block 6 of my Downton Abbey Mystery Quilt Along.  I should probably tell you that several people have not only finished their quilts, but have even got them quilted and the bindings on and I am still at Block 6!!
I will console myself that these people a) have nothing better to do, b) do not have full time jobs, c) likely have die cutters as I have rotary cut mine and let me tell you that is not an easy task to make sense of that, or d) all of the above!
I made one block tonight (usually I chain piece my blocks to save thread wastage), to make sure that I was doing this block correctly and it measures perfectly, so now I can make the other three.  The last block will be super easy and maybe I can finish this quilt this weekend!!
Here is my first block, I need to press the seams a little better:
Yay for me!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment