Saturday 12 April 2014

A Virtual Road Trip!

Good Afternoon Internet Friends!
 
Woke up to snow here in Edmonton this morning.  YAY (not).
After breakfast though I went to the post office to pick up a package that I got the delivery notice for yesterday.  I was pretty sure I knew what it was so was super eager to get it!
 
This summer when we were in the Maritimes I had hoped to find, and get to some awesome quilt shops.  I had this idea that since we have so many quilt shops in Alberta that surely there must be a bzillion awesome quilt shops out east.  
 
Sadly, I did not find very many, and the one I really wanted to go to we didn't have time to get to.  My husband always tells stories about going to visit his grandmother "in the valley" (which I think is a local perception for something, as can't say I have visualized it) and playing under the quilt frames at her house.  After this trip I think I was "set up" to believe in the quilting down east ; )
 
Anyways,.... I "liked" the Facebook page of the quilt shop I wanted to go when we got home and have been watching all of the wonderful things that are in stock.
 
Last week, I decided that since I could not actually take a road trip to the small independent merchant of A Needle Pulling Thread (such a cute name), in the metropolis of Digby (another fun word), I would place an online order!  Darlene there was most helpful, and as such here are my purchases:
I just realized that the Nova Scotia Tartan Fabric is not included in the picture because I have already taken it to nether regions of the house to audition for quilts it could be backing!
 
I love supporting small shops because it makes me feel good about my purchases, and on top of that I got a hand written note (which I love), candy (another thing I love), and an extra little kit (that I love).  I think I just might try to get it done for next weekend.
Thanks Darlene!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

3 comments:

  1. When we were in the Maritimes in 2012, quilt shops were definitely on my list. Like you I found there weren't a lot, but the ones I visited were absolute treasures. And the treasures you bought from there are indeed special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to get to Darlene's shop one day too!!!!!! I've resisted ordering but your treasures look GREAT!! I love happy mail days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it was a Happy Mail Day! She packaged it so nicely, and all the extra little things she did, I will DEFINITELY order from her again : )

    ReplyDelete