Thursday 22 May 2014

Birthday Party Invitations

My son's birthday falls just after the end of school.  By that time, he and all of his friends are out doing fun summer things, and a birthday party in mid July is really hard to organize.  Therefore, each year I host his birthday party in mid June.  Since this year is his 10th Birthday, a pretty big birthday I think not just in number, but a full decade, and he will never be a single digit again ( : ( - my baby is growing up!!!!!).
Okay, back to my blog post...
We are going to have his birthday this year at the World Water Park!
I made his invitations using some of the new products from the Stampin Up catalogue for Summer 2014.  The Designer Series Paper will be available June 2014 (one of the benefits of being a "hobbyist" demonstrator is that I get to see what's new and get a bit of it before the catalogue is in effect).  There is a matching stamp set for this paper that is super cute too, but unfortunately it is back ordered and I had to get the invitations out.  Thankfully I had an old stamp set that had fish on it, so I used that.
Here are the invitations:
Front and Back.
And, since I had lots of the treat cups from another time left over, I made the envelopes fun and filled them with Fish chewy candies (no gelatin):
My son thought that these were just "Top Drawer"!
I did too! ☺
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment