Sunday 17 August 2014

I'm Pickled on Summer Vacation Day 52!

Seriously.  I really am in a pickle today!
I got up early this morning with a plan to go to my local market garden shop and get some vegetable matter for a project I just decided had to happen today!
I arrived at the crack of 0930 to find out that they do not open til 1100 hours on a Sunday!  Really?
Well, thankfully Brenneis was open!  I am not sure if I have ever shopped there, but I most definitely will again.  Everything was super clean, crisp and well organized and it smelled just like the market gardens back in Lumsden!
Well not only did I get the couple of ingredients I was looking for, but also two, twenty pound bags of....
That's right!  Pickling Cucumbers.  These are the first of what would eventually total 15 quarts of garlic dill pickles!  Got to use my new Weck Jars too, so was super excited!!!
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment: