Friday 22 August 2014

Treat Day. Summer Vacation Day 57!

Everywhere I go lately, I seem to see the same treat everywhere!  I have not eaten this treat in years....., so I decided I better make some today.
I searched the internet and found a bzillion recipes all of which did not appear what I wanted, so I had to make a phone call to get the proper recipe:
Puffed Wheat Squares!

Puffed Wheat Squares:
1/3 cup non hydrogenated margarine
2/3 cup white corn syrup
2 tbsp cocoa ( I use Bernard Callebaut)
1 cup brown sugar
Heat over medium heat til boiling, boil for 1 minute and pour over
6 cups puffed wheat.

Pour out into a 9" x 9" greased pan.  Try to let it harden a bit before eating if you can (it's so tasty I start early).  

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Looks tasty. I will try it! I'm surprised that there isn't any cocoa??

    ReplyDelete