Thursday 2 October 2014

Time for Wool Socks!

Good Evening Internet Friends!
Was hoping that this would be a better blogging week.  Alas not much better, still working more than I can craft : (
Today however does mark the official start of Wool Sock Season!  What is that you ask?  Well, it is the official day that I mark on the calendar to record when the weather got so cold that I had to start wearing wool socks daily!  The temperature today was 1 degree Celsius (33.8 F) and with the windchill felt like -4 Celsius (24.8 F).  It was cold.  I know it will get much colder yet, but it just seemed awful today.  I get told by well meaning (I think, maybe they're just sarcastic) people that I should be used to the cold, but I am NOT!
Since it is so cold outside today, I figured there was really nothing better to do this evening after dinner, than crawl under a warm quilt and:
KNIT!!!
This is my most current pair of socks that I am knitting while my son is at extracurricular activities.  I  love the color of this yarn.  It is a skein that I ordered some time back from Biscotte & Cie and I have no idea what the color way of this particular skein is called.
Keep warm.
Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment