Friday 30 January 2015

Back to Normal???

Good Evening Internet Friends!

I had to smile this morning as I drove to work with overhead the threat of snow.  It may sound silly, but last week here in Edmonton we had day time temperatures of 8 degrees Celsius (46 Fahrenheit), that is ridiculously warm for this part of the world!  Today we warmed to about -10 C and with the windchill it felt more like - 18 C (14 Fahrenheit, with windchill 0 Fahrenheit). 

 The temperature felt more like normal and as I drove past the Petro Can I noticed that the price of gas was back up as well.  That may sound funny to you as well, but this area is known as Oil Country not just because of our hockey team.  Last week  I was purchasing gasoline for $ 0.689/L ($2.61 US gallon/$3.13 Imperial Gallon).  Today, gas was back to $ 0.829/L.  Last summer gas was about $ 1.25/L.   Maybe, we're heading back to normal???

Took a picture of my juniper this evening when I got home, because last week most of my lawn was grass:
 Yes, that is snow falling in the picture!  It's quite pretty actually.  

This evening I worked on my Raise the Roof Quilt:
Completed another two blocks. I should be getting close to done on this soon, I think....

Since this morning I have had Something to Sing About stuck in my head, so I shall leave that for you all to get out of your heads too!  

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment