Thursday 29 January 2015

Monkey Cake Day

Good Evening Internet Friends!

It has been a super busy week and although I have done a bit of crafting I did not have time to blog about it.  The week is now almost done and extracurricular activities are complete for this week!

A couple of year ago one of my colleagues at one of the sites where I work casual came up with an idea to celebrate the end of January with two things that everyone likes; monkeys and cake.  It's true, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like monkeys or cake, and really, both make you smile.  So, Monkey Cake Day became a thing.  Since, I was not there this year to celebrate with everyone, I decided to take it to my current work.  My son also decided that his school should celebrate with Monkey Cake as well.

Here is what we made last night:
A colleague today decided that these two were brother and sister monkey!

Monkey Cake Day turned out to be a SUCCESS!  I had several people come and thank me for lightening up the mood at work and making everyone just more pleasant and agreeable for the day!  Monkey Cake is apparently being looked forward to for next year.  

Now, to think of something creative next month to cheer people up!

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment