Saturday 4 April 2015

What's for Lunch???

Good Afternoon Internet Friends!

Somewhere earlier this week I got the hair brained idea (my curls must have been a little too tight or something) to invite the family for Easter Dinner.  Well, everyone accepted, but apparently my 89 year old grandmother does not do well with long days so the plan is for Easter Dinner to become Easter Lunch ☺

Today I have begun some of the preparations for this meal at which time my son want's to know "what's for lunch"?  Well, macaroni and cheese was the answer:

It was delicious and will provide a few frozen school lunches for next week as well ☺

Here's the Kathy way to make Macaroni and Cheese:
2 cups cooked macaroni or tube pasta

Pour cooked pasta into lightly buttered baking dish

Add 2 handfuls of SqueaK'rs (I buy the BIG bag at Costco) and mix with the pasta

Whisk: 
1 egg in a medium bowl, add 1/2 tsp black pepper, and add 2 cups milk, then pour over pasta mixture

Grate cheddar cheese (how ever much you want) over the top of the casserole before placing in a pre-heated 350 Fahrenheit oven.  

Bake for 30 minutes.

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy


1 comment:

  1. That Mac 'n Cheese looks delicious and an easy recipe I'll be trying for sure!!!!!! Happy Easter Kathy! Enjoy your family lunch! (We had ours early.....yesterday)

    ReplyDelete