Monday 22 June 2015

Well.....because!

Good Evening Internet Friends!

Since it is the camping time of year one needs to have marshmallows for making S'mores.  Most people will buy a bag of marshmallows at the store, but alas, I am not one of those people.  The recipe that I use for these comes from the Butter Baked Goods cookbook.  I bought this cook book last summer and am pretty close to having made everything in it.

Yesterday afternoon I set out to make marshmallows.  I even tried to be nice and use Agar as a gelatin substitute for my son's friends who have never had marshmallows due to gelatin.  Well, don't try it, it was a HORRENDOUS failure.  Since I had been defeated, I tried again, but this time used actual gelatin.  My son decided that we needed to have colored marshmallows so he added a bit of green food coloring to the mixing bowl:
Setting over night....

All cut up and rolled in icing sugar.  Ready for camping this weekend!  Tasty..

Hope this inspires your own creativity...

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment